Thursday, May 3, 2012

Victories and new beginnings

So I alluded to the fact that I had an interview with a Virginia Politician (who shall be referred to as TVP for blogging purposes) Well, I start Monday! I literally graduate on Saturday, attend my boyfriend's sister's baby shower on Sunday, and then start work Monday morning. It's pretty intense but I am so excited to begin a new chapter.

Also, I'd like to mention that I am two for two on political campaigns! I was working a local mayor's race for the past few months and Tuesday we won by a narrow margin on 349 votes. Mayor Bowers is an amazing individual with a heart of gold and Roanoke couldn't have a better Mayor. I love dearly the people that I have worked with on both this campaign and my previous State Senate campaign.



The local news covered our victory party. You can see me sitting at the bar with my partner in political crime, Chris. The back of my white dress is pretty awesome if I do say so myself! :)

I'm off to attend more senior week festivities. Tomorrow is baccalaureate and then at 10am Saturday morning, I will be an unofficial graduate of Roanoke College. By unofficial, I mean I have a 3 week May seminar but after that, I am dunzo!

No comments:

Post a Comment