Sunday, April 29, 2012

Gypsy lady

It's no secret that I've been biten by the travel bug. Ever since I conquered my fear of flying and flew out west to Las Vegas, I've been wanting to see so much more of the US. I'm graduating from college in SIX DAYS and now is probably the best time in my life that I can travel. Yesterday we visited Westfield, NC and did the canopy tour at Carolina Ziplines (which was fantastic, by the way!) and since we drove on the Blue Ridge Parkway for the majority of the way there, it sparked my interest in finding things along the Parkway to visit. My boyfriend's mom owns a cabin in Fancy Gap, Virginia so we are right in the middle of the Blue Ridge and at a great starting point for day trips.

I've decided that 2012 is my travel year. I'm not talking about multiple major trips here; at least, I don't consider them major. I want to explore the South, quite honestly. I've grown up in Virginia my entire life and only now as an adult am I really appreciating the beauty that this part of the world has to offer.

My trip planner has gotten quite extensive lately. I am planning one major trip for the later part of the year but we'll get to that in a minute.

My first weekend trip is planned! Where am I heading?

 
Starting at Grandfather Mountain in North Carolina and a walk across the bridge

Then a pit stop in Asheville to stroll around the gardens of the Biltmore Estate.


Ending with a cabin stay in Great Smoky Mountains National Park in Tennessee

And since I'll be in that area..
A stop in Gatlinburg is a must for the shopping the scenery.

There are plenty of other beautiful places in that area but these are definitely on my list. And as for the big trip in the latter part of the summer?

Oh. You know, just a road trip to Montana.

No comments:

Post a Comment