Monday, April 30, 2012

Politico-in-training

I'm excited to announce that I am interviewing for a summer internship with a prominent Virginia politician and former governor. I had originally applied for his office in Washington, D.C but their application volume was insane. I received an e-mail from the regional office here in Roanoke and was offered an interview in that office because the Washington, D.C referred my application to them because it "stood out". I guess those 100 hour work weeks and endless canvassing hours have paid off.

Even though my bachelor's degree will be in International Relations, my background and resume experience is mostly in domestic politics. It's easier to break into politics this way. I found this out the hard way aka applying for 30+ foreign policy related internships/jobs/fellowships in DC and not getting a single response but c'est la vie.

This Virginia politician (let's call him TVP) has been someone I've looked up to in politics and found to be a superior leader so I am really crossing my fingers I get this position! I know it would be a great experience and would look fabulous on my resume.

I have two finals today. My last two ever! Think good thoughts. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment