Monday, May 14, 2012

Business cards

Whilst attending an event welcoming TVP into the Roanoke area, I rubbed elbows and networked with many prominent people within the Democratic Party in the Roanoke area. Halfway through, I was speaking with a potential political candidate about running his campaign and he asked if I had a card. A business card? Why would a recent unemployed graduate need a business card?! I can't believe I didn't have anything to give him.

It made me realize that while I have an amazing resume, I can't carry it around with me all the time. My business card is a chance for me to leave a lasting impression on someone.

Picking out a design for a business card isn't easy at all. I love the minimalist look but yet want to stand out amongst the others in a Rolodex.

 I will be marketing my blog on these cards as well so I am waiting to print them until I have bought my domain name but I am so excited! Chris, you'll have to work extra hard on my layout when you get back from Seattle.

No comments:

Post a Comment